Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Groundhog’s Day Phil!!

Groundhog, eating

So how many of you made New Year's resolutions this year? How many of those resolutions are still alive and well? Not to worry as it happens to pretty much most of us.

One of the things I thought about doing in late December was bringing my blog back to life. It started with good intentions in September 2008, with another entry appearing a month later, and then nada till one last March. One of the few resolutions I made was to try and blog at least once a week. But, unlike Phil Connors I don't have the luxury of being able to go back in time to get it done, so it look only one cold January day before that resolution got cast on the ash heap of history.

Then a couple of days ago I got a crazy idea to try and blog every day of the month of February to force myself into it. Yup! February 1st came and went with no blogging. Well, it's February 2nd and now I'm finally getting started. Will I blog every day this month? As the Mystic Seer might say, "It all depends on your point of view!" The hard part will be coming up with 27 topics that don't revolve around why I want to blog (see earlier entries!).

Oh, and for those that think I can't even spell. The blog title is an inside joke with anyone that remembers the Geneva 4 Drive-in just west of the Cow Palace, in Daly City, CA.

During the second year the San Jose Sharks used the Bovine Barn as their temporary home, the not so epic Bill Murray film Groundhog Day was playing for what seemed like the whole season! What was really odd was that the marquee said "Groundhog's Day." You would think they would have noticed it and taken down the extra characters within a few days of being put up. Nope. It was Groundhog's Day till the end of the Sharks' season, and who knows how long after that. I can't answer as the Sharks moved into the San Jose Arena by the next season, and now the drive-in theater has even been torn down to make way for a vacant lot. Ahhhh, progress!!

No comments: